This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Core Training Frequency for beginners

Started by Ryan Segervall, December 10, 2016 · 1 Replies · 147 Views

Ryan Segervall

 So I've been training the tuck hollow hold,  tuck V ups,  and side plank twist for about eight weeks now give or take

 I'm currently at

- 4x48s  Tuck Hollow hold

-  4x15 reps tuck V ups

-  5x10 reps Side plank Twist

 

 I've been training core 3 days per week usually Monday Wednesday Friday or Monday Wednesday Saturday depending.   There's been no planned  de-load week, as the follow along workouts have not scheduled one. 

 The progress has been very slow on these movements, especially on the tuck hollow hold and tuck V ups.  

-  how frequently do you recommend beginners to train core?  and should I schedule my own de-load weeks or will the software plan that for me? 

 I'll be posting a video of my next core training  session later today in this post as well as in the form check forum. 

 

 any advice would be greatly appreciated, cheers!

Everett Carroll

Hi Ryan,

For beginners, we suggest once per week for each of the available workouts. It sounds like you should reduce volume and see if that improves your progress and recovery. Foundation One students do not deload. Instead, lets adjust your weekly volume to better match your recovery. 

Looking forward to the form checks.