For lunch most days I do a big salad with chicken and olive oil.
Any suggestions for a few starches that might go with this?
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Josh Earl, December 10, 2016 · 5 Replies · 138 Views
For lunch most days I do a big salad with chicken and olive oil.
Any suggestions for a few starches that might go with this?
Boiled potatoes should go well in a salad - my culinary suggestions are never elaborate, sorry!
For a one-dish solution, I really dig kale slaw with hot rice and chicken (a restaurant called Takorean serves this so I decided to mimic it at home). I use shredded kale and dress it with a combo of soy sauce, korean chili paste, and apple cider or rice vinegar but I'm sure other flavor profiles would be great!
With salads I like to have sides like a baked potato, mashed sweet potatoes, butternut squash soup, or even oatmeal. Or are you stuck without a way to reheat food during lunch?
No I work from home, so pretty ideal situation there. I usually take lunch to my basementoffice though so I like to combine everything into one big mess vs juggling an armful of plates and bowls.
Some good ideas here. Thanks!
I have cold white rice. I make up my lunch for the week on the weekend so a single container of salad and rice. Sometime I will make the rice more interesting by adding tumeric and pepper when it is cooking. .
You know, I've seen plenty of salads at restaurants with starches/grains/squash mixed in. If I were you I'd google things like "salad roasted butternut squash recipe" or "salad with wild rice recipe" until you find something that works for you.
You might also check out the menu online for Sweetgreen (a fast casual restaurant that specializes in salads). They have a ton of combinations that might inspire you.