This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE2 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 10, 2016 · 2 Replies · 52 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Here's a revisit to this post as I'm checking my form. I feel that the PE is quite solid. It still burns like the dickens for my core, but I can get through it (which as far as I know and have read, that's damned good enough if you're still consistently maintaining quality form). The straddle running men are another story. I tried to film these from the best angle I could. From my peripheral vision, my legs/heels were about at head height; this video doesn't do that justice. I may need to set the camera/iPad on chair or stool in the future. In any event, let me know what other cues people pick up. I was further up on the support for the iM because I find that when my hips hung lower my lower back felt compressed in a bad way and it was hard for me to "stay on" the support for the full 20 reps as I mentioned elsewhere. Anyways, I digress. Here is my 6th set from today's workout. 

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

Both are looking good! For the iM, be sure you are locking your knee and squeezing/extending your whole leg as much as possible for that brief moment that your leg is fully extended. It looked good but the angle made it a bit hard to confirm that point.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Yeah, they still need work, but it's good to know that I'm on track.