This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP/PE2 Form Check

Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 10, 2016 · 4 Replies · 77 Views

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

Well, I'm finally getting back to 5x15. It's been a while mastering these. Anyways, I don't feel one hundred percent that they are mastered, but I feel like I'm close. What do I need to work on to make sure they are solid and so I can more quickly progress?

 

These are my 4th and 5th sets from today's workout.

 

 

Guido Franchetti

Hi Daniel,  I am also working of these. In the PE aren't you flaring the elbows a bit? And maybe some more protraction at the top, but better wait for a coach to confirm (or not) this.

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Daniel Taylor-Shaut,

As @Guido Franchetti said, you need more protraction on top. Also make sure that tempo in each rep stays the same. Also if you can, maximize your posterior pelvic tilt since your lower back is sagging a bit. Your mobility however is very good. :)

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

So elbows in more, more protraction at the top, stronger PPT, and a steady tempo/no grinding reps. Great tips.

 

Very helpful, in the video review, I was told to complete my shoulder rotation/pivot by my ear. What does that mean?

Everett Carroll
4 hours ago, Daniel Taylor-Shaut said:

Very helpful, in the video review, I was told to complete my shoulder rotation/pivot by my ear. What does that mean?

It means you should be elevated at the top of the iM.