I can't seem to get rid of the little "hop" at the top of the push up. But I think my SE3 looks ok? How do I get rid of the hop and really just let the palm peel off the floor? Below is a vid of SE4 and SE3. Thanks for the feedback ![]()
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Jin Liu, December 9, 2016 · 2 Replies · 42 Views
I can't seem to get rid of the little "hop" at the top of the push up. But I think my SE3 looks ok? How do I get rid of the hop and really just let the palm peel off the floor? Below is a vid of SE4 and SE3. Thanks for the feedback ![]()
Jin, I transitioned from SE3 to SE4 (I guess SE3.5
) by keeping the legs really wide open in the push up position. It was less pressure on the hands (but more than on my knee-push up) and could develop my palm strength with time so the Pop would go away… not sure if coaches approve my solution, but it allowed me to have a harder version then SE3, but not as hard as SE4…
9 minutes ago, Suzanna McGee said:Jin, I transitioned from SE3 to SE4 (I guess SE3.5
) by keeping the legs really wide open in the push up position. It was less pressure on the hands (but more than on my knee-push up) and could develop my palm strength with time so the Pop would go away… not sure if coaches approve my solution, but it allowed me to have a harder version then SE3, but not as hard as SE4…
Yea, I feel keeping working on SE3 is not enough to transition to SE4. Wide legs sounds like a good solution to me!