This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HS PE/1 im

Started by Leigh Kettle, December 9, 2016 · 3 Replies · 69 Views

Leigh Kettle

Hey guys hope you all well

please can I ask for advice and feedback on my mobility for PE/1 

please don't laugh, or at least not as hard as I just did watching this back lol 

many thanks as alwayshttps://youtu.be/rPsu2G-X-04

leigh 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

Not bad. Remember that everything is a process. First off, I recommend dropping weight quite a bit. Because this exercise is difficult for you, I would recommend starting off with 1-2 pounds. This will allow you to focus less on strength and more on mobility for the time being. As you improve your mobility, you may add more weight.

 Bring your hands closer together. They should be at most shoulder width apart. Also, lean forward more, about 15 degrees.

Keep working hard!

Leigh Kettle
On 9 December 2016 at 5:50 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Leigh,

Not bad. Remember that everything is a process. First off, I recommend dropping weight quite a bit. Because this exercise is difficult for you, I would recommend starting off with 1-2 pounds. This will allow you to focus less on strength and more on mobility for the time being. As you improve your mobility, you may add more weight.

 Bring your hands closer together. They should be at most shoulder width apart. Also, lean forward more, about 15 degrees.

Keep working hard!

Thanks a lot Jeffrey . I've done what you said and reduced the weight and reduced the gap between my hands .

I noticed that when I'm pressing failed mobility it says it will move me on but won't count as mastery yet i still remain on the 5x60 tripod hold. Will it remain On this "pe" until I crack the mobility element?

and will this be the case with my foundation series ie it won't move me onto pe2 not until the mobility is mastered . I'm not complaining at all as I appreciate I shouldn't progress until my mobility is up to my strength level just wondering if this is how the programme is set even tho it says it will move me on 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Leigh,

It's great to hear that you are working on making corrections. I would love to see another video of your progress as soon as your are ready.

That is correct. The program will not advance you to the next exercise until you have mastered your mobility. This is the same throughout all of your F1 exercises. We do this because mobility and strength are mutually important. If one is to progress more quickly than the other, it could put you in danger of injury.

Keep up the good work!