Zombie shoulders: old videos of a little flexion mobility progress

Started by Ryan Bailey, December 9, 2016 · 7 Replies · 2,211 Views

Ryan Bailey

Ah, what the heck. I was looking through some old videos to delete and came across some earlier attempts of my seated shoulder flexion. After realizing how weak and tight I was when starting with GymnasticBodies, I figured I would throw them on this forum to show a little beginner's humor and progress.

(believe it or not, this horrible video of my shoulder flexion mobility is after training the GB foundation and handstand 1 course for a few months, but not doing the stretch courses yet) so, it was much worse than this.

 

 

This next pathetic video, a few months later in 2015... Ready to blow a gasket, training with only a 1 or 2 pound weight :).

 

(Then today: warming up this morning with 8.8 pounds: December 2016)

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Awesome improvement! Thanks for posting the videos of your progress. Just goes to show what can be accomplished with hard work and dedication.

Jon Douglas

Heh.  We've come a long way baby 

Ted Rarrick

Ryan- your vids are just what I needed this morning. Thanks for giving guys like me hope for mobility! Congrats on the results of your hard work.

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work Ryan remember to film yourself also from the back, from here you can be sure that the mobility it is improving without beginning the dislocate.

Suzanna McGee

Impressive, congratulations! You can even see how your hips are beautifully open now, compared to before. 

Luke Searra

Inspirational for sure Ryan keep it up

Dexter Goh

Oh very nice. I was stuck in this IM as well for many months, it was discouraging at first to only do the same thing for months, but also nice to see how much I've improved in this by being consistent.