This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE9 Reverse Leg Lifts & 2 forward 2 twist iM

Started by Suzanna McGee, December 9, 2016 · 9 Replies · 153 Views

Suzanna McGee

3x4 reps. Before I start working on more of these, could you please check my form? Any pointers are very welcome :) 

 

iM

 

Bas Albinus

Hi Suzanna, you're making great progress.
I'm not sure about the specifics of this pe, so coaches please correct me if I'm wrong!
It looks like the negative vs positive motion is slightly different: On the ascend your legs come up first, then your lumbar follows. 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Suzanna,

 

You're doing a great job. Just make sure the tempo is consistent and always keep your toes pointed and knees locked :)

Suzanna McGee

Good catch, @Bas Albinus. I was just thinking to keep my booty on the stall bars as long as I can (I think I read it somewhere?)…. but I guess that should be also in the ascent :) will try to focus on that next time.

Thanks @Leo Trinidad, I will make my knees and toes all pretty (locked and pointed) :)

Jon Douglas
1 hour ago, Suzanna McGee said:

Good catch, @Bas Albinus. I was just thinking to keep my booty on the stall bars as long as I can (I think I read it somewhere?)…. but I guess that should be also in the ascent :) will try to focus on that next time.

Thanks @Leo Trinidad, I will make my knees and toes all pretty (locked and pointed) :)

These cover it from my pov. On track :)

I like to flex my toes at the bottom and touch my heels to the floor under my head, to get that extra compression. Take it or leave this tweak :)

Suzanna McGee
8 hours ago, Jon Douglas said:

I like to flex my toes at the bottom and touch my heels to the floor under my head, to get that extra compression. Take it or leave this tweak :)

Thanks, Jon! I like to see how far I can go (eventually) :) so I will practice on touching the heels too. That's a great addition, I can already imagine/feel that compression! 

Suzanna McGee

Two months later, and I've improved my grip strength to be able to do 5x10r… I love this exercise (thinking it will help my press HS in some future). Is my core action as it is supposed to be? The booty gets away from the stall bars on the bottom a little bit, hoping that's ok. 

@Leo Trinidad, is my form acceptable now? 

@Jon Douglas, it feels like there is no way I can touch my flexed feet under my head… grrrr… You really can get them there? I guess more work needed on that. :) I guess, theoretically, it should be possible for me, because when I do the passive pike, I can put my face on my shins and chest on the thighs. But getting into that position on the stall bar would move my center of gravity so far away, I would probably fall off… 

 

Leo Trinidad

very nice improvement @Suzanna McGee :) this will be even better once your manna compression improves too.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Nice work.

Jon Douglas

It looks great :) don't worry about my tweak, I have stumpy short legs and so my centre of gravity won't move like yours.