This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Dips - Can't Find High Bars

Started by Nicholas Blanchard, December 9, 2016 · 3 Replies · 128 Views

Nicholas Blanchard

Is it the end of the world if I cross my legs under by body as some do when doing the dips variations in F2?  I just can't find bars that are high enough to do dips with my legs outstretched.  Obviously it is better to do them the GST way, so I guess I will just make slower progress that might bite me down the road.  What do most of you who do not train in a proper gymnastics gym do?

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Nicholas Blanchard,

 

When I was first starting GST, I used to do dips with my legs together with locked knees and pointed toes put picked forward since I can't fit in some dip stations too. Do you mind sharing a video for form check? 

Nicholas Blanchard

I don't have a video since I always train alone, but I'll try to get one.  I've tried putting the feet forward, and I'm looking at all the future dip variations and thinking there is no way I will find dip bars that are high enough.

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

I train by myself also and had to do the same with the parallel bars I have access to.

If you have not already noticed your body weight will seem heavier compared to when your legs are straight.