This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Stiff Legged Windmill Hips Position

Started by Natawat Thanomsat, December 8, 2016 · 3 Replies · 102 Views

Natawat Thanomsat

Hi,

I just started out F1.  I have several questions regarding Stiff Legged Windmill.

1.) On the way down, do I hinge at the hips to touch the floor?

2.) On the way down, my hips tend to shift back and sideways to grant me more distance to touch the floor.  Is this hip position natural or it needs to be stationary throughout the exercise?

Thank you very much. :)

Alessandro Mainente

HI Natawat, 

1) bending at the hips is it necessary to reach BEHIND the legs closer to the floor and not only downward.also the hinge with the correct hips movement and placement helps to mobilize the adductors which move from hip to shinbone.

2)the position of the hips moving to the side it is correct. 

please in order to avoid thousand general answers from us you are welcome to post a video.

Natawat Thanomsat

Thank you very much for your answer, Alessandro. I know I'm asking a lot of questions in the forum lately because I'm just starting out. lol My mobility range seems to be enough to touch the behind my legs, given that I could shift my hips laterally.  Anyway, I'll be putting up form checks in the subforum the next time I practice Windmill. :)

Tanya Hill

Hi Natawat, 

We love questions so keep them coming. 

Looking forward to seeing your form check videos soon. ;)