This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RCPE1

Started by Elias Lehtinen, December 8, 2016 · 25 Replies · 454 Views

Elias Lehtinen

How are these? I was able to do the 5x15 with this form and this is the 6th set after my workout.

My forearms have been the weakest link in this movement. I do feel it in the biceps some but the forearms are the ones that have been lacking endurance.

Should I do these more or move to PE2? 

Thanks!

 

Jon Douglas

You look like you could do those with your daughter on your back :)

Couple things to clean up here.

1) Biggest point- too fast, slightly too much of bounce at the bottom on some reps. In this case I am pretty sure this is an oversight and you just want to getthem over with by now, but details are details :) 

2) Feet slightly too far forward - you are pulling up to a stand that lets you balance/relax between reps for a moment. Easily fixed by moving feet directly under the rings or slightly behind (towards you), and pulling to just shy of a stand rather than all the way up. This was the case on some reps but not all.

Prettyconfident you can fix this in one go with a little concentration :)

Elias Lehtinen

Ok, I'll make these cleaned up :).

Thanks Jon!

Elias Lehtinen

So I made as @Jon Douglas suggested. How am I doing now? I went back doing 4*12reps and now am doing 4*15 (still kicking my ass).

This is the first set so the form is as pretty as it gets :).

Thanks in advance!

 

Winter Phoenix

Hi Elias,

I agree with Jon in that you are rushing to get through this exercise there is no question about you be able to do this it's more about you being present and focused during the performance of the exercise. "Every inch of every rep of every set matters" once you start thinking like this you will progress much faster!

Elias Lehtinen

Thank you for the feed back @Winter Phoenix

I'm not in a hurry. It takes what it takes for me to master this, i'm totally fine with that and agree that every rep is equally important. My forearm strenght/endurace is one of my deficits.

Am I still doing the reps too fast? 

Is my form good? Should I take a step or two back?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Elias Lehtinen, yes you are still doing it fast and its only because of your forearm's deficits. Good form but make it a bit slower. 

Elias Lehtinen

Ok got it thanks. I've been doing these with the follow along videos and feel the tempo is even faster.

I'll take a few steps back and start climbing back up!

Winter Phoenix

Sounds great Elias, look forward to seeing your next videos!

 

Elias Lehtinen

Hi,

How are these? What should the scaps be doing in this movement. I've been retracting (squeezing together) them on the top. Is that right? What about in the down position? Thanks!

Alessandro Mainente

It is more important to feel the depression of the scapula and the tension of the body (pelvic plus a neutral position of the scapulae) after the eccentric phase. during the movement the scapuale tends do perform their natural movement, do not be too much focused on these details for now.

Marcus Patterson

It might be easier to position the rings lower down and start with your feet directly under the rings before leaning back into position. For example when I did these I made the bottom of the ring meet the bottom of my pec. Then I would stand directly underneath and lean back into it. That way, you know that you have the same intensity in every single set. Otherwise , the way you are doing it now, it is hard to judge if your feet are in exactly the same position every set and the intensity might be harder or easier on every set.

 

Do you understand what I mean?

Elias Lehtinen

Thank you Marcus for your reply. Sorry for not seeing it earlier.

Yes, I understand what you mean. Some time ago I was wondering why my performance waried so much and the answer was the rings hight/setup. Now I've figured it out and my form and strenght have incresed.This is a major deficit in my abilities . That being said, its not going to get any easier in PE2 so im focused to get this one crushed!:)

Marcus Patterson
On 29/04/2017 at 8:58 PM, Elias Lehtinen said:

Thank you Marcus for your reply. Sorry for not seeing it earlier.

Yes, I understand what you mean. Some time ago I was wondering why my performance waried so much and the answer was the rings hight/setup. Now I've figured it out and my form and strenght have incresed.This is a major deficit in my abilities . That being said, its not going to get any easier in PE2 so im focused to get this one crushed!:)

I know what you mean. I've been stuck for a long time on pe1 and now pe2 is way harder 

Elias Lehtinen

Good luck with your training!

Before foundation I never did any kind of rowing and all kinds of crazy stuff that I now know I wasnt ready for. I also had a tennis elbow in my right arm (the reason how I found GB and coach Sommer).

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Elias Lehtinen,

We all share the same experience. Before learning about GymnasticBodies, we are trying exercises that made things worse. Accepting where our level is and doing something about it is the best way to make progress. Patience and consistency is the key. Keep working on it and never give up. Always strive to better your form.

Elias Lehtinen

Here is an update on my rows. How am I doing?

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi Elias,

Nice improvement. :)

Elias Lehtinen

So here we are, my nemesis number 1. It took a while, but my elbows are finally giving up and actually strenghtening. This is 5th set. 

For the last 2-3 months I've been doing 321 type rows and it really seemed to help a lot. 

Dan Schreter

Hey @Elias Lehtinen, what are 321 type rows? Thanks!

Also, does anyone know to what extent should the hands be turned in at the top of the rows? There seems to be some disagreement between the follow-along videos and the technique tips and scaling video.

Alessandro Mainente
On 9/7/2018 at 8:19 PM, Elias Lehtinen said:

So here we are, my nemesis number 1. It took a while, but my elbows are finally giving up and actually strenghtening. This is 5th set. 

For the last 2-3 months I've been doing 321 type rows and it really seemed to help a lot. 

Try to not lose depression as you move into the bottom position.

Elias Lehtinen

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente for the review. I'll keep that in mind. Would you say I should stay on this one or move to ground rows?

@Dan Schreter 321 rows are 3 sec up, 2 sec hold and 1 sec down. I saw a video of these by GB somewhere in the social media. 

Alessandro Mainente
9 hours ago, Elias Lehtinen said:

Thanks @Alessandro Mainente for the review. I'll keep that in mind. Would you say I should stay on this one or move to ground rows?

@Dan Schreter 321 rows are 3 sec up, 2 sec hold and 1 sec down. I saw a video of these by GB somewhere in the social media. 

You should be able to master this element with the correct form plus my correction.

Elias Lehtinen

Roger, I'll send a new video. Thanks.