This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sls

Started by Dan Green, December 7, 2016 · 7 Replies · 210 Views

Dan Green

Hello, 

I have almost completed pe1 for sls - ready to test mastery this week. However I'm not mobile enough to begin pe2 - I tried a few reps the other day and my upper body was leaning way too far over. It seems to be a lack of ankle flexibility which is causing this issue.

Should I remain on my current step of pe1 and work ankle flexibility until I gain enough mobility in order to begin training pe2 ? Or just start pe2 despite the excessive lean?

 

thanks, Dan

Mark Collins

You have to pass the mobility before progressing to the next strength exercise.

Bas Albinus

I'm not a coach and I'm not giving any recommendation on how to proceed. Mark is definitely right, both pe and im have to be mastered before moving on. 
In some cases either one can take quiet long to catch up. I've read in some threads that people move on, but also keep the exercise they re stuck at in their weekly routine.
For me - and many others as I found out - that's swivel hips.

Olli Kantola
16 hours ago, Dan Green said:

I have almost completed pe1 for sls - ready to test mastery this week. However I'm not mobile enough to begin pe2 - I tried a few reps the other day and my upper body was leaning way too far over. It seems to be a lack of ankle flexibility which is causing this issue.

Should I remain on my current step of pe1 and work ankle flexibility until I gain enough mobility in order to begin training pe2 ? Or just start pe2 despite the excessive lean?

Are you saying that you are confidant in your ability to pass the mastery for the PE and iM? Is it that having tried SLS PE2, you saw that you could not do it properly, because of your lack of mobility? Or is it just that you can master PE1, but not the associated iM?

If it's the latter, then the answer is simple. If it's the former, then I'm not so sure.

Dan Green

What are the mobility requirements for passing pe1? How high does the leg have to go ?

Alessandro Mainente

90° lift.

Dan Green

Thankyou for all your responses.

So would you recommend sticking with the 5x15 set/rep scheme but keep choosing the failed mobility option until I can pass the mobility ? 

Everett Carroll

That's correct Dan. Great question.