This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

The way how to learn stretching movements

Started by Juraj Blasko, December 7, 2016 · 4 Replies · 167 Views

Juraj Blasko

Hello everybody,

I have just bought stretching series and I want to incorporate it into my training (foundations1 and handstand1) as soon as possible.  I'm wondering what would be the good way to learn so many positions. It is clear to me that a lot of time is necessary...but..

Should I start to watch all instruction videos first, learn movements...or should I just start with whole-training videos and try to imitate athletes in the video? 

Thanks for any advice.

Coach Sommer

Hello Juraj,

My recommendation is to first imitate the athletes in the video by following along.  

Afterwards, in between stretching days, you may further refine your familiarity with the individual elements by studying the individual instructional videos.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Everett Carroll

Great question Juraq! 

I like to study the technique tip videos the morning before my stretch workout (I typically stretch in the afternoon/evening). If you study those regularly and use the follow along video for the actual workout, you will master the correct execution in no time!

Jon Douglas

Follow along will be the quickest way to get started.

After a few sessions, when you have the hang of it, it becomes easier to boil it down to a simple list. It's a good idea to do a proper follow along every so often though, to ensure you don't drift too off track :)

Juraj Blasko

Thank you all for your prompt and inspirational responses!