I'm starting with Fundamentals and Handstand 1 - will incorporate stretching too - but how much more I can do. I bought a while ago just really started two weeks ago - and frankly I need to do way more to stay in shape. Thinking of lifting three days a week in addition to some push ups and pull ups which I think Coach Sommer said is fine as long as the GB stuff is done first but wanted to see what everyone else is doing.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Extra work - how much can you do in addition to GB?
Started by Borzou Azabdaftari, December 6, 2016 · 3 Replies · 150 Views
Hi Borzou,
Thanks for reaching out.
You can add some additional exercises after your workouts if you wish. Before you do so I would recommend to add more volume to your Fundamental workout. You can add practice of previous lessons you had trouble with and a short 5-10 min addition of the current lesson.
The Fundamentals course is meant to be a gentle introduction to GST and will help you discover weaknesses. Once you've finished the course you're ready to start the Foundation series. These will definitely add more volume to your workouts
Foundation One and the rest of the GB curriculum will definitely increase volume. Use Fundamentals to begin mastering the very basic body positions and to get a clear understanding of areas you need to work on.
Whatever you decide to do Borzou, the Fundamentals/Handstand One and stretch series will definitely fill in gaps in your lifting preparation.