Is it alright to stretch first thing in the morning for the stretch series. I have to break up the stretch and workout and mornings are easiest while my little ones are sleeping
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Stretch in Morning
Started by Joshua Michaluk, December 6, 2016 · 4 Replies · 161 Views
Hey Joshua,
That is just fine. Get them in when you can! I do suggest you warmup with 5-10 minutes of easy cardio before jumping into a stretch series. Also be extra careful to follow Wes's instructions from the technique tip videos. It is extra important to reduce the load on your lumbar spine first thing in the morning. The technique tip videos contain great advice on which stretches you need to be in ATP for and on how to scale in order to make that easier.
Please let us know if you have any other questions Joshua!
3 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:It is extra important to reduce the load on your lumbar spine first thing in the morning.
Everett - thanks for that tip.My lower spine was talking to me for several hours this morning as I had to get up very early to do my stretch series and didn't warm up as much as I should have. This student won't make that mistake again!
Thanks guys,
inam am loving the stretch series and I am extremely humbled by it so far
HI Joshua, there were made some research from one my friend who is an olympic coach in Cuba about the best time when to stretch and when to train. basically talking about range of motion, the late afternoon seems to be the best time for train and for stretch. so if you can organize yourself I highly recommend this period to you.