This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lost in middle splits

Started by Adam Singer, December 6, 2016 · 11 Replies · 278 Views

Adam Singer

Finished fundamentals and took the plunge to buy foundations 1.  Am doing Coach Sommers recommended daily schedule.  My Tuesday routine seems to be a teaser from Middle Splits that requires flexibility that is way outside my current range, and I'm feeling kind of lost by it. Seems like a rather puny offering for $195. Can someone please advise on how I can get more from this Tuesday Middle Splits exercise?  

Thanks!

 

IMG_0647.JPG

Alessandro Mainente

HI Adam a lot of exercises of Middle Split have the appropriate scaled version, did you check for it?

scroll down until "my course library", the ckicl on the middle split series and after on the "stretch series -middle splint".

here you can find the scaled version of the most of the exercises.

Coach Sommer

Hello Adam,

Your $195 purchase is for Foundation One only.  Have you watched the getting starting intro vids that have been provided?

The middle split stretch vid provided is intended to be a 'sample' only.  

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Adam Singer

Hi Alessandro and Coach Sommer.  Thank you so much for responding to my post so quickly.  

Coach Sommer, I did not see any getting started videos.  I was kind of confused by that actually.  I usually watch the videos on my phone, but just to be sure, I logged in on my laptop, but still not seeing them. Would you please send me a link?  I feel like I get a lot of value out of these classes, but I don't feel like I know how to navigate through them, especially on the iPhone. Schedule seemed like the most logical place to organize myself, but I do kind of feel like I'm not exactly on a real training schedule.  Thought that feedback might be helpful.

Please send me a link to the getting started videos.  Hopefully that will give me more direction.

Thanks!

Adam Singer

Thanks,  Cory.  I am so grateful to everyone for taking the time to respond to my concern here.   I'm still feeling a bit out in the cold.  The intro stuff seems to all focus on how to use the interface (full screen, click on smiley faces etc.).  I'm not seeing anything to help me understand my body better or how to match my body to grow into the middle split.  I understand that the middle split video is just a sample, but what am I supposed to do for my Tuesday workout?  I'm not seeing a tutorial for it on the page  (http://www.screencast.com/t/3dgGUzag).  

Thanks!

Pauline Taube

Hi Adam,

I highly recommend to incorporate the Stretch series eventually. However if you are not able to atm, you could do some daily limbering from your completed Fundamentals course. Choose the exercises you struggle with the most :)

Adam Singer

That makes sense.  So, right now I'm just doing the "Coach Sommers" recommended workouts.  I guess I should do the daily limber from Fundamentals, and then do the Foundation exercise of the day?

Pauline Taube

Yes, keep using on the daily limber to warmup pre workout and then integrate the stretch courses later; either post workout or on another training day. :) 

Lucy Wilkins

Dear Adam, I totally get where you are coming from. When I first joined I felt a bit lost.

But you have to remember that your $195 doesn't just buy the course- it gives you lifelong membership to this group- and as you immerse yourself you will feel very privileged, . You are amongst a group of people that includes expert coaches, athletes and performers who give their advice and opinions freely, there are beginners who ask the  most helpful questions., and generally just a group of interesting folk.

You also have access to this forum which is a fantastic resource in that it is interesting, informative and affirming;the topic range is amazing-check out the thread on foraging food ! Not something you will find discussed in your average gym !

 

 You can submit videos and qualified coaches will give you feedback, you can ask questions... on and on,  y advice would be to read as much of the forum as yu have time for- it really helps and you find out things that you didn't even know you didn't know .

A bargain I'd say! xx

 

Adam Singer

Thanks Lucy!

Luke Searra

Well said Lucy!