This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE4

Started by Ryan Segervall, December 6, 2016 · 14 Replies · 135 Views

Ryan Segervall

- Let me know how I can improve! and dont hold back, tear it apart if need be.

- Core compression was notable when trying to keep knees as close to chest as possible throughout. 

- this is the first set of a 4x6r. Phone ran out of storage after first set

Ryan Segervall

Also curious if this is an appropriate mat height. 

 

- Cheers!

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Things are looking good. On your last rep of your PE you did a good job of rolling back further (butt over head), I would like to see the rest of your reps also performed like this. Also, try not to pause when your feet hit the ground after the roll and before you stand up. This should be one fluid motion.

I can't really give you feedback on the iM because of the angle of the video. Please re-film it from the side so that we can hep you out. Keep up the good work!

Ryan Segervall

How does this look? I lost count during one set, which is why I hesitated for a second and then did another rep (sometimes you loose concentration :/ working on it) 

On 12/5/2016 at 9:31 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Ryan,

Things are looking good. On your last rep of your PE you did a good job of rolling back further (butt over head), I would like to see the rest of your reps also performed like this. Also, try not to pause when your feet hit the ground after the roll and before you stand up. This should be one fluid motion.

I can't really give you feedback on the iM because of the angle of the video. Please re-film it from the side so that we can hep you out. Keep up the good work!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Awesome improvement on your PE. It looks good. On your iM your are doing a nice job. It looks like the right leg is weaker than your left. I recommend staying on this exercise until the right leg has a chance to get stronger. Also, on your iM, make sure the knees are straight. Keep up the good work!

Ryan Segervall
On 12/10/2016 at 2:29 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Ryan,

Awesome improvement on your PE. It looks good. On your iM your are doing a nice job. It looks like the right leg is weaker than your left. I recommend staying on this exercise until the right leg has a chance to get stronger. Also, on your iM, make sure the knees are straight. Keep up the good work!

-  just getting my form checked again make sure I'm doing everything right.  I will say mobility in the ankle is feeling way better than when I first started this exercise.  strength and endurance for his exercise is not really very challenging for me, but will continue being diligent with it until mobility catches up. What are your thoughts in terms of progressing? Perhaps begin lowering mats once at mastery level volume

-  And if I notice the deficit on my right leg, I have some supplementary pre-have programmed once a week as well to help strengthen those abductors a bit more. 

-  also I apologize on the angle for the IM (the last set may have the best angle for you) 

- im using mats to get away from loading the elbows as this exercise tends to piss them off.  using the mats  to support my elbows allows me to still train this exercise without further aggravating the tissue in my elbow. ( hoping to return back to the regular form, and the next 4 to 6 weeks as my elbows continue to get stronger) 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Also a nice improvement on this exercise. You look like you are getting stronger.

On your PE, make sure that you stand up all the way, straightening the hips, on each of your reps. As you start to get tired you are not standing up all the way. Once you have reached mastery, it is okay to do these as a lower level, however, they should still be elevated.

Your iM is also looking better. You can see in your video that as you move the leg forward you let the foot drop towards the ground. Keep working on holding the foot at hip height while moving the leg.

Great job!

Ryan Segervall
On 1/16/2017 at 9:06 PM, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Ryan,

Also a nice improvement on this exercise. You look like you are getting stronger.

On your PE, make sure that you stand up all the way, straightening the hips, on each of your reps. As you start to get tired you are not standing up all the way. Once you have reached mastery, it is okay to do these as a lower level, however, they should still be elevated.

Your iM is also looking better. You can see in your video that as you move the leg forward you let the foot drop towards the ground. Keep working on holding the foot at hip height while moving the leg.

Great job!

Hows my form lookin? This is mastery volume with 2 mats instead of 4. 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Your PE looks good. Awesome job. Your iM also looks like it has improved quite a bit. Please post another video of your iM taken from the side as it will give us a better view of this movement.

Ryan Segervall
9 minutes ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

 

 Please post another video of your iM taken from the side as it will give us a better view of this movement.

I'll be sure to get the other angle next training session!

Jeffrey Bittner

@Ryan Segervall Looking forward to seeing it!

Ryan Segervall

@Jeffrey Bittner

heres the other angle for you!

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for taking another video. It looks good, nice improvement!

Ryan Segervall
1 hour ago, Jeffrey Bittner said:

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for taking another video. It looks good, nice improvement!

Thank! 

I plan on staying at mastery volume with 2 mats for another 3-5 weeks roughly before transitioning to full deck squats. Thought Id give the tissue in my ankles and knees a chance to adapt to the demand in increased ranges of motion. Thoughts on this? 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ryan,

Super smart idea if your joints take time to adjust. Better to avoid injury from the start. Good thinking!