These kill me. The elbow planks are fine. I squeeze that core and protract until my face turns red, but I can manage 5x60 no sweat. However, on going to the straddle man mobility immediately after a set of planks, I find that holding onto a table/bench/what have you exhausts my torso and I am gassed before I can complete all 20 reps. Furthermore, I know that my hip range of motion and straddle flexibility is a work in progress, but I find that my core and upper body is so taxed from the planks that by the time I'm on rep 18-20 I'm almost too short of breath to confidently complete the repetitions.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Straddle Running Man Tips
Started by Daniel Taylor-Shaut, December 6, 2016 · 13 Replies · 356 Views
Just keep working… you get used to the load eventually
I would hope so. Because for a while now it's been all 'my hips don't lie,' lmao.
Hi,
Straddle running man is not 10 reps total?
Xabi
54 minutes ago, Xabier Errea Mayo said:Hi,
Straddle running man is not 10 reps total?
Xabi
I thought that the listed reps/ secs are per side. Forward Xiaopeng lists 5 reps, Straddle Running man lists 10.
The follow along video has them doing 10 per side. Pretty certain they wouldn't have overlooked that fact.
Gosh, I hate you all (JK), I thought I had mastered this, now moving back!:)
Love this forum!
Is it normal to feel this in the lower back at all? By that I mean it seems to strain or feel most difficult for my medial glutes and into my lower back. Is that to be expected? I'm thinking I need to work these as a standalone conditioning element and to do so more frequently, they are still killing me.
If your lower back is weak, yes, you will feel it there too. You should get it so strong that you mostly feel it in your glutes.
I understand that I need to get it strong, thanks. I was simply asking if where I felt the exercise would be something causing concern or that is rather normal.
Can an admin clarify the count on this? I had the same question about 10 or 20. Since the instructional video counts each leg as one but then the follow along seems to count a pair of legs as one.
Thanks,
JB
10 total guys and girls. 5 each leg.
Glad I searched this. Wow, this whole time I was thinking it was left leg, right leg = 1 rep for 10 reps total. So your saying Left leg, right leg = 1 rep for 5 reps total. I was doing double that and it was gassing me too.
17 hours ago, James Strack said:Glad I searched this. Wow, this whole time I was thinking it was left leg, right leg = 1 rep for 10 reps total. So your saying Left leg, right leg = 1 rep for 5 reps total. I was doing double that and it was gassing me too.
You have still done useful work.....