This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My thoughts after finishing Week One of F1 and Stretch Series

Started by Ted Rarrick, December 5, 2016 · 2 Replies · 151 Views

Ted Rarrick

Wow. What an eye opener this week!

Thanks to the GB team for developing this program. And thanks for developing the tips/scaling videos. Without those I would have been lost and overwhelmed. And a big thanks to this online community for the advice and encouragement I have received. Much appreciated!

To use a phrase that I heard Coach Sommer use on a podcast, I pretty much "failed warmups" on most everything and felt embarrassed on my attempts at these movements! I made sure to stick with it on every move this past week ( except for some of the bridges) and spent a lot of time reviewing and re-reviewing the technique videos so I devoted a ton of time to GB. However, this is the first time that I feel I have a program that is addressing all parts of my body. My joints and muscles are so jacked up I had given up on ever thinking I would ever have decent mobility and strength again but now there's hope.

I am viewing GB training as a lifestyle change, not a program that I am rushing through to complete. With that in mind, my goal is to focus on consistent, daily work to slowly bring back my mobility and strength. Progress will occur as my body heals and adjusts so I am not going to set a timeline and just do my best to groove this new habit into my lifestyle. I still have a hard time grasping the fact that I can make significant progress but I've read enough on this forum to know that if I put the work in the results will come.

Thanks again for a great program and everyone's help this past week. I am looking forward to my journey!

Natawat Thanomsat

Great to see you could appreciate another step towards physical movement proficiency with only a week into the program. Today is my first day on F1 (and also H1).  After lots of injuries I have accumulated, I hope to start my journey anew with GST as well. :)

Jon Douglas

Goodjob starting humble. Some of us hit humble pretty hard after a year or so of thinkin we were doing it right ;)