As usual, let me have it straight! Let me know what you like and what you don't, I want to know what I can do to improve the videos I make.
riTZNhGI-Jo
Started by Joshua Naterman, January 20, 2010 · 9 Replies · 5,462 Views
As usual, let me have it straight! Let me know what you like and what you don't, I want to know what I can do to improve the videos I make.
riTZNhGI-Jo
In the book the middle picture describing the reverse yewki stops with the body at parallel, but it looks like you keep pulling your chin higher, sort of like TOPs pulls. Only you don't allow your body to angle down as far as TOP's pulls.
I don't have the DVD's, so maybe this is form that was used in those and the book is somewhat misleading.
I think it is a bad camera angle, the camera is about two and a half feet lower than I am, so some things look funny, but I can see what you're saying. Interesting
I'll have to have a friend watch me next time and tell me when I am horizontal and see if it feels different. Thanks!
I'm seeing the same thing as well that the chin/head is higher than the hips or it seems.
I notice when you are doing the FL positions your hips are lower in the tuck, but as you extend out your hips get more back to horizontal. I think there may be some slight bend in your elbow in the straddle FL. Not sure. Could just be your natural elbow angle.
One of the things, I've noticed with yewkis, or maybe it was just last night was that you have to be careful not to arch the lever at the top of the pullup. A kipping motion happens if it moves too fast. Last night's seem to not pull as high as I wanted besides using that kip cheat.
Of course, I was silly and attempted to do these after some front lever pull/momentary holds. Even doing tucked FL PU was a nogo. Those FL pull/holds crushed whether I added a tuck/flat tuck hold at the end or not. But that's wasn't the beginning of my dumbness last night either (FL progression were first besides the fact I was working pull to FL during rings event). The only pullups I was able to do were L-PU on rings as my elbow laughed at doing them on the HB in any grip, L or hang. Could be too much or just the fact of FL too much. Back to putting it BL>PL>FL+FBE with each set.
Maybe a little, it is hard to see through my leg
I do have an odd elbow musculature, apparently. I have a huge ball of muscle on the inner elbow, when I was at BUDS they thought something was wrong with me at first. The parallel grip is a bit harder to stay straight on, at least for me due to the wrist angles, but I have locked elbows on the rings and the straight bars.
Slizzardman,
I have noticed a tendency myself and many others have is that the low back often mirrors the neck, so for example on your last Yewki you looked back and arched your neck, which may have contributed to an arching of the spine. I have found it helpful to look up at the ceiling, but not back so far that I lose the FL position.
best,
jason
I just love the "slizzardman out"
good video but looks like you are arching in the top of your yewkis.
I liked the 2 combined, gonna try that tomorrow! 8)
jasonmstein said:Slizzardman,I have noticed a tendency myself and many others have is that the low back often mirrors the neck, so for example on your last Yewki you looked back and arched your neck, which may have contributed to an arching of the spine. I have found it helpful to look up at the ceiling, but not back so far that I lose the FL position.
best,
jason
Oh yea man, it was way arched. I felt it too, I was just working beyond my current strength levels. I should be able to do the half lays much slower than that with good form, as I used to, but I was making the video and wanted to show the half lay!
I just didn't have it in me to do the last rep, and instead of hopping down like a smart little boy I did the last rep and made it U-G-L-Y, I don't have no alibi, it was UGLY!!!! Ug Ug, UG-UGLY!!!
Razz said:I just love the "slizzardman out"good video but looks like you are arching in the top of your yewkis.
Yea, like I said to Jason, I just plain was working past my current capabilities. I haven't done yewkis or reverse yewkis since June, at the latest.