This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL-PE3 Form Check

Started by Josh Shaw, December 2, 2016 · 3 Replies · 68 Views

Josh Shaw

I usually like to post a form check before I get to mastery, so I can try to make necessary corrections before I get to step 9, but I never got around to it on this one.  It looks to me like I'm letting my pelvis rotate a bit, especially on the first side.  Thanks in advance for the feedback.

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Josh,

Good call on submitting a video. Press your hips forward and don't allow your top shoulder to drift forward. You want to keep a tight, straight body line. This will prevent forward and backward leaning as well as any hip rotation. Aim to only arch up and down. The iM looked good. 

Josh Shaw

Thanks for the feedback.  After a couple weeks, I think I'm doing a much better job of minimizing the leaning and arching straight up and down.  I think I'm ready to move on, though I might stay on this a bit longer until I can figure out a solution for doing archups since the fitness that I do most of my GST doesn't have a hyper extension or anything else I could do them on. 

 

 

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Josh,

Awesome job making improvements. Your set looks pretty good. Towards the end of your set as you got tired, you picked up a small amount of movement in the hips (piking/arching). I think it would be smart to spend another couple of weeks on this exercise until you become stronger in these new positions. This will also better prepare you to move on to more advanced GST. You're doing a good job, keep it up!