Hi everyone:
Has anybody written out the Front/Middle/Thoracic series as a list of the different stretches in each? My gym's practically a fallout shelter and I'm not able to get a reliable playback of vids.
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Christopher Denzer, December 1, 2016 · 5 Replies · 213 Views
Hi everyone:
Has anybody written out the Front/Middle/Thoracic series as a list of the different stretches in each? My gym's practically a fallout shelter and I'm not able to get a reliable playback of vids.
I gotchu:
FSs
60x Calf Straight
2' Elevated Seiza
60x Calf Out
2' Squatted Seiza
60x Calf In
2' Curled Seiza
10x 2 pike, 2 squat
2' Standing pike
10x 2 pike, 2 squat
90" kneeling achilles R
90" kneeling achilles L
90" Standing Achilles Block R
90" SABL
90" Narrow Hurdler Block R
90" NHB L
90" Wide Hurdler Block R
90" WHB L
90" Standing Single Pike R
90" SSP L
90" Couch Stretch R
90" Couch L
90" Couch Straight R
90" CS L
2' Standing Pike
MSs
10x STS
2' Standing Pancake
10x STS
90" Vertical Frog R
90" Vertical Frog L
90" Piriformis R (try to feel in glute not hip)
90" Piriformis L (slide foot away to increase stretch)
2' Diamond Frog
30" Child's Pose
2' Frog
30" Child's Pose
90" Frog Rocks
60" Butterfly
90" Pancake Shoulder R
90" Pancake Shoulder L
10x Pancake Good Mornings
10x Pancake Walks
10x Pancake Bounce
10x Pancake Slides
60" Floating Pancake (sit on blocks)
60" Butterfly
2' Wall Middle Split
10x WMS Pulls
2' Isometric Middle Split Pull (10", 10", 10", 90")
10x Supine Circular Flairs
10x Pancake Roll Throughs
TBs
2' rocking table
90" twisting bear
90" Seated Shoulder extension (go easy)
10x SSE walk
90" seal stretch
90" Reach Underneath R (keep back of shoulder down)
90" Reach Underneath L
90" Seal Rocks
90" Ear Pressure Pose
10x Band Curls
10x Band Archups
90" Elevated Cat (go easy)
90" Capsule Stretch R (pull back of shoulder towards ground)
90" Capsule Stretch L
90" Inverted Cat on SB
10x HS Shoulder Flexion Presses
60" Elevated Thoracic Bridge
30" Rock n Roll
10x ETB pushups
30" rocknroll
10x ETB hip taps
30" rocknroll
5x wall walks
30" Standing Pike
An extra tool tip for doing the stretch series fast and efficient; get the iOS-app Seconds.
http://www.runloop.com/seconds-pro
In this app you can input the whole routine in each series, with proper time intervalls, and just follow it from start to finish. It's very customizable with names for each exercise, colors,'halfway alerts' (for the most pesky stretches that feels like they go on forever) and a clean and simple interface. You need to opt for the premium-version, but it's absolutely worth it.
Gosh, almost sounds like I work for these guys, but I just really think it works well with these stretch series'.
Another tip. On my iPhone I use an interval trainer app that I customized with each of the movements. So for example I have it beep at each interval between movements, and tells me the name of the movement. You can customize the length of each interval, so it works great. For example:
10x STS (I watched the videos and calculated how long this took, 20 seconds, for example)
Beep
2' Standing Pancake ( usually add 5 seconds or so to get into position, so 2 min 5 sec in my app)
Beep
10x STS
Beep
90" Vertical Frog R
I prefer to be more in a meditative state when I stretch (or listening to a podcast), and hearing Coach make fun of Orench about being a stone statue for the nth time got old. Though Coach is way better then some other fitness videos when it comes to chatter... I'm looking at you Tony Horton (BeachBody).
Awesome, dude. Thanks a million.
Dudes! Genius! Doing that posthaste.