This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coach: Follow-along video feedback: audio cues

Started by Edward Henigin, December 1, 2016 · 5 Replies · 203 Views

Edward Henigin

Coach,

I love the improvements you're making to the course content. The integrated programming is way better than the paper & pencil approach I used when I first started about 2 years ago. And especially, the follow-along videos have really improved my pace through the workout - and have fixed my problem of forgetting which set I was all the time!

But I have one request that would make a big difference to me, and that is to provide more audible cues for reps. I play the follow-along on my ipad near me while I'm working out, but it's difficult and disruptive to my rhythm to look over at the ipad depending on the exercise or IM that I'm doing. I would be most happy if there was a clear counting of reps "1, 2, 3" etc with the exercises.

Thank you for improving my workouts and I hope they can be better yet.

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I agree, and more often than not it has to do with the distance to the recorder. I have found that of the two "follow-along videos" one is usually more audible than the other. It only takes five seconds to figure out which one that is for each step and then you just go from there.

Henning Blom 243536

Yeah I find the 2nd angle to be easier to hear the reps, so I usually use that. Makes things very easy.

Alexander Ghabril

I wear a pair of Bluetooth headphones. Helps a lot.

Edward Henigin
17 hours ago, Henning Blom 243536 said:

Yeah I find the 2nd angle to be easier to hear the reps, so I usually use that. Makes things very easy.

Wait, they do count out the reps? D'oh! Ok I'll try the 2nd angle next time. Thanks for mentioning this!

Daniel Taylor-Shaut
2 hours ago, Edward Henigin said:

Wait, they do count out the reps? D'oh! Ok I'll try the 2nd angle next time. Thanks for mentioning this!

Lol, that was what I suggested. Somehow the different angles lead to different volume settings. Go figure.