Handstand form check

Started by Christopher Bassett, December 1, 2016 · 4 Replies · 1,631 Views

Christopher Bassett

Hello

Please could you guys have a look at my form.

I can see my shoulders are closed so I will continue to work shoulder opening exercises.
I have very very tight rotator cuffs, I cant put my forearms flat against the wall when trying the wall extensions.
I just want to see if there is anything else I am missing regarding my form?

 

Handstand.png

Alessandro Mainente

Not to much to say, your shoulders are very very big restricted range of motion. all the rest it is a natural compensation of this problem.

Christopher Bassett
43 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

Not to much to say, your shoulders are very very big restricted range of motion. all the rest it is a natural compensation of this problem.

Hi Alessandro

Thanks, much more effort with my rotator cuffs from here on

Alessandro Mainente

the rotator cuff it is only a piece of the puzzle, the 70% of the problem is limited to lats and pecs.

Christopher Bassett

Okay cool much more pecs and lat stretching as well. I think years of bench press without stretching is coming to bite me now :)