This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS PE7 & IM

Started by Paul McLachlan, December 1, 2016 · 6 Replies · 72 Views

Paul McLachlan

I'm at Step 9 on this one.  Is it mastery standard?

#ignoremyconcentratingface

 

Mikey Cunanan

Hello Paul,

Your form looks good on both pe and im.

For the side to side squats a slightly narrower stance will help you get deeper into the squat. This will allow you to work your ankles and abductors in a deeper ROM 

For inside squats a slightly wider stance would help for these.  This will allow you you to work internal rotation of the hip. Also it helps to roll to the inside of the foot to initiate the movement. 

These are some cues that have helped me and my clients.  If a coach says otherwise disregard my tips :)

Bas Albinus

I think at the bottom of the movement it requires your butt to get lower and closer to the heel (think>sit down ass to grass). I find it more challenging to keep the torso as upright as possible when going from side to side, no idea if that's a requirement for mastery though.
During the IM I always try to go down thighs parallel to the floor at least. If your knees can take it try a wider stance.
As in the technique tip it says "eventually you could go all the way down to the floor...after months n months of training" 

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 12.52.42 PM.png

Paul McLachlan

Bas - where are you seeing that technique tip?  I've not seen that one (and I'm not seeing any at all after the latest update).

Bas Albinus

Screen Shot 2016-12-01 at 1.24.08 PM.png

Paul McLachlan

D'oh. Forgot Wes's videos were there now these are F2. I thought you meant one of the little text tips that are provided in the course materials.

Kai Ewert

In some other thread I saw that hips at knee level throughout is required for mastery on the PE. Your camera angle makes it hard to say for sure if you are there, at the very least you are close.