This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

My Nemesis - Standing Shoulder Extension Progress

Started by Trevor Lewis, November 30, 2016 · 9 Replies · 311 Views

Trevor Lewis

I've been knocking around with PE2 for god knows how long thanks in large part to a lack of shoulder mobility. After a recent reset and doing the stretch series though I've seen some significant improvements in my shoulder extension. Shoulder extension jumped from nearly 8" out from shoulder width to a little more than 4". You can see how worn my masking tape markers are for the previous progressions stalling points, Inside the orange being shoulder width for me. Just thought I'd share my progress. Is this sort of jump in mobility common for others?

IMG_1522[1].JPG

Alessandro Mainente

when you begin to jump out from the comfort zone and start a good stretch protocol this is completely normal.

I'm happy to see your results. good job.

Ryan Bailey

This is good to see, motivating...

Trevor Lewis

Got around to shootin' a video. hopefully the form is still good. Felt really solid.

 

Trevor Lewis

Within two inches of the goal...seeing lots more progress with this one and more comfort pressing the limits each workout. Soon!

IMG_1858.JPG

Pauline Taube

Very nice progress Travor! Love how you measure your progress with the stick. Very clever :) keep staying consistent and you'll be able to go closer soon ;) 

Chad Moffitt

Nice work Trevor!  Are you currently doing un weighted?  Which Stretch course are you doing?

Trevor Lewis

@Chad Moffitt yes, currently unweighted and then once I get shoulder width + a hand then I will add weight and start back again untill I am back at shoulder width with 5-10lbs. 

I found I can do 5lbs at about the third tape mark so I dont think it will take me long (relatively speaking) once I am there.

Currently doing all stretch courses but thoracic bridge is the one that has helped the most with this element.

Leo Trinidad

I agree with you @Trevor Lewis, working on thoracic bridge series will sure unlock your shoulder extension potential. :) definitely would love to see more of your progress. 

Trevor Lewis

Thanks @Leo Trinidad! That means alot, for the longest time I have really struggled with making any progress on this one so I am looking forward to more in it and others!