This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Deload weeks on the new system

Started by Stefan Panzilius, November 30, 2016 · 6 Replies · 260 Views

Stefan Panzilius

In the previous system, deload weeks were automatically incorporated into the workouts.  I did not have to do a thing.  

Are there supposed to be deload weeks for the new system?  If so, how often?  Is it something that I would need to keep track of individually, or can the system take care of that for me?  

Everett Carroll

Hi Stefan,

Good question. Deload weeks are no longer incorporated in beginner students programming. As long as you are logging your workouts using the smiley faces, all of the programming will be handled for you. 

Coach Sommer

Hello Stefan,

Good question.  Deload weeks have been removed from beginner programming as the vast majority of beginner students were already integrating unofficial deloads into their training from all of their inconsistent and missed workouts.

As such, I did not see the point in scheduling a deload from their already deloaded workout schedule. ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Stefan Panzilius

Thank you Everett Carroll, and Coach Sommer for your quick replies.  It is greatly appreciated.  

Generally, I am pretty successful at getting my workouts in on a regular basis (2-3 rounds of the Foundation 1, and all of the stretch series).  So last week I completed the stretch series and did not complete the foundation workouts.  I did replace them with other activities.

If I am consistent with my workouts, should I be planning deload weeks?  If so, how often?  Should I follow the same 50% rule that was done before, or just use the time for other activities and recovery?  

Coach Sommer

Hello Stefan,

No, there is no need to schedule a deload week with the F1 workouts.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

For anyone else wondering...

Are the deload weeks incorporated into the scheduler after completing Foundation one?  If yes, where can they be expected?

Pauline Taube

Hi Rayne-William,

Good question. Upon reaching your third F2 element, deload weeks will be inserted into your programming every fourth week to help you recover from the more rigorous demands of F2 training.  At this point students will switch from using the basic 9 week training template to the more advanced 12 week training template which incorporates the deload weeks :)