This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Smiley system versus entering Reps

Started by Stefan Panzilius, November 30, 2016 · 6 Replies · 180 Views

Stefan Panzilius

In the previous online system, the practitioner had to enter in the sets and reps as the workout progressed.  While it was annoying, it was very straight forward. I am curious on how sets and reps translate into smileys.  

If I am able to compete the sets and reps prescribed, do I click "easy"?  Even I barely finished?  Should I do it at that intensity for a week to make sure that I really have it down, Or does barely "crossing the finish line" work as mastery?  

How do I know if I am at the right level or fine? Should I be able to finish all of the reps and sets except the last one to be considered "fine"? 

Thank you for your time. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Stefan,

More advanced students go back to logging complete reps/seconds. For now, just go with your immediate reaction to the exercise. If you barely finished, that is likely not Too Easy or Easy. It is best to just be honest and give your immediate perception. 

Luke Searra

Remember Stefan, GST is about being patient, methodical and consistent.

Coach Sommer

Hello Stefan,

The difference is that for F1 students, the system automatically tracks reps and sets.  Is a workout just right in intensity?  Then select the 'fine' smiley and the reps and sets will remain the same.  The rest of the smiley function in a similar manner.  Still tracked and all training is still following the same progressive programming as previously, it simply now happens behind the scenes to ease the transition into GST for new students.

It will not be until you reach your first F2 element that you will need to once again track reps and sets performed; and then only for that particular new F2 element.  The rest of your F1 workout will continue to be recorded by the smiley face evaluation.

Gradually students graduate to more and more F2 elements until their workouts are eventually all F2 elements and all logged by reps and sets.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Henning Blom 243536

Will the smiley system be implemented into F2,3,4 and handstand series in the future? I for one would love to see that happen :) 

The smiley system is great, and the follow along videos just makes it so much more likely that workouts are getting done :)

 

Pauline Taube

Hi Henning :)

The smiley system is already in everything except F2-4.

After completing F1 you will be responsible for logging your own sets and reps ;)

Henning Blom 243536

Yes, I remember now that HS has the smileys as well, it just doesn't have the follow along videos so I kind of mixed things up :D Haha yeah, the smiley system is very convenient, and it will probably take me some time to get through F1, so I can always have hope ;)