This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SL/PE2 and iM

Started by Guido Franchetti, November 30, 2016 · 20 Replies · 279 Views

Guido Franchetti

I have just started with this one, how does it look?

Thanks for the feedback!

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Guido,

Thanks for posting. For the PE, keep your elbow pulled back behind your ear and still work to rotate so your elbow touches the floor just in front of your fist. Also be sure to keep tight glutes and strong core engagement. 

For the iM, you can stand slightly wider. Also be sure your knees are totally locked the entire time. 

Guido Franchetti

Still not quite sure about my form. Also, it feels nicer when I am supported by my right arm. Not sure if it is just because my left arm is weaker, or something else.

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Guido,

That's interesting because your form is better when you're suppoorting with the left side. When supporting on the right, focus on returning to a straight body line at the top of each rep. You will need to press your hips forward slightly while thinking of tight glutes and core. 

Another thing to begin working on is not allowing your heels to come up as you twist. 

Keep it up!

Guido Franchetti

Oh, good that I asked then! Thanks Everett, and happy 2017.

Guido Franchetti

How is this going? Getting close to mastery?

I should say that in the PE my obliques do not feel fatigued at all. Sometimes the supporting arm/shoulder is a bit fatigued, even if I try not to push from the ground but only use the obliques in the movement.

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Guido,

For the PE: 

-Be sure that you don't allow your back heel to lift off the ground. This will force you to twist just a little more.

-Still press your hips forward slightly in the starting position. Engaging your glutes should help you to create a straight line through your whole body.

For the iM: 

-You can stand a little wider and be sure to keep your feet stationary.

-Your right foot gradually rotated during the iM so keep a close eye on it. You don't want your feet to twist. Keep them pointed in the same direction.  

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Everett, I'll work on those points!

Guido Franchetti

How is this going? Thanks!

 

Everett Carroll

Hi Guido,

Looking WAY better. Press your hips forward more strongly at the start of the set, achieving a straight body line. Then, as you come back up to the top of each rep, find this same, straight-body position before lowering into the next. Stronger glute engagement will help. 

Guido Franchetti

Sorry for the filming angle, I didn't have much space. Would this be fine for mastery?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Definitely better.

Guido Franchetti

Thanks! Can I move to PE3?

Everett Carroll

Hey Guido,

I'd like to see you work on this progression for a while longer. You're almost there but I suggest working on making both the PE and iM a bit smoother. 

For the PE, be sure your glutes are engaged/hips pressed forward as much as possible. 

Also press your hips forward and squeeze your glutes more strongly during the iM as you arch back. 

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Everett, will do!

Guido Franchetti

Ok, I have tried to focusing on Everett's advice, how is this looking? Thanks!

 

Everett Carroll

Nice improvement here, Guido. the only thing I suggest now is to push your hips out to the sides during the iM. 

Guido Franchetti

Thanks Everett!

Guido Franchetti

Ok, I have tried pushing more with the hips. I am thinking of moving to PE3 and keep the iM in the warm up, is that fine? Thanks!

 

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Guido Franchetti,

Yes keep working on it. Always keep the previous progressions as warmup. Put in extra work especially on the mobility that needs work.

Guido Franchetti

Is the mobility fine now?

Thanks!