This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Foundations Re-Start After Surgery

Started by Damon Finaldi, November 30, 2016 · 5 Replies · 243 Views

Damon Finaldi

Hi guys,

I just received (11/29/16) a hip resurfacing on my left hip due to congenital arthritis from displastic hip structure and wear and tear. I had the right one resurfaced in Jan 16. I was making slow and steady progress on foundations. I'll be rehabbing for 3 months while I'm waiting for my muscles to repair.  Should I restart Foundations and Stretch from the beginning?  I'm patient and will work at this as long as it takes.  Any advice or experience shares are appreciated. 

Thanks,

Damon

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Damon, I'll will begin with a step back on one exercise which mastery requires about 2 months and half. with the movements involving the hip I prefer you check your physio, show him the movement you have to do with stretch course and Foundations so that you have a clear view of the situation.

Coach Sommer

Hello Damon,

Absolutely, I recommend going all the way back to PE1 and beginning again.  This way you are not taking any chances in compromising your hip as well as giving yourself plenty of time to regain your mobility.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Luzian Scherrer

It's exactly what I did too. I had major visceral surgery in May this year. I really was not even able to walk in the beginning of my recovery phase, then started again with the stretch series taking it very easy and then about three months after surgery with Foundation. I went back to PE1 on all elements doing it F7 style. Just about now I'm back to where I was before that incident. According to my experience what you once had comes back rather quickly. But now I'm stuck again at the same stuff where I was before (tuck planche SPL/SE3, HLL MN/PE6 and windshield wipers SL/PE11).

Damon Finaldi
On November 30, 2016 at 2:13 PM, Coach Sommer said:

Hello Damon,

Absolutely, I recommend going all the way back to PE1 and beginning again.  This way you are not taking any chances in compromising your hip as well as giving yourself plenty of time to regain your mobility.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks coach. I'm looking forward to the 2.0 rebuild. I'll see you at a clinic next year. Don't be afraid to come to that little city called New York. 

Coach Sommer

Hello Damon,

Interesting timing!  My staff and I were just discussing NYC the other day.  Logistics could be an issue however as our currently available venue is too small to host a GB seminar.

We'll see how it plays out.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer