This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Where should my focus be during a Handstand?

Started by Santiago Pinzón, November 29, 2016 · 1 Replies · 121 Views

Santiago Pinzón

Hello :)

I have being practicing handstand for a while now, I am currently in SE7. I've found that when trying this longer holds, concentration becomes really important.

The thing is, I was centering my attention on my hands, being aware of any movement to get back to balance, but I heard focusing on the feet is better! My question is, where should I be focusing on during a handstand, on the hands, hips (center of gravity) or feet? Or just in no particular point but just on "fighting for balance"?  

Thank you in advance!

Alessandro Mainente

You should focus on holding the weight exactly on your lower palms and watch in between the thumbs with the peripheral view.