This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

starting foundation 2

Started by Jeff Doornweerd, November 29, 2016 · 1 Replies · 172 Views

Jeff Doornweerd

So I have gotten to the last exercise in 5 of the 7 movements in F1. I'm getting tired of doing the same step/exercise every week  for so much of my routine while waiting to catch up in the other areas.  It's interesting to see how much weaker my core and upper body strength are for FL and HBP (those are the two that I am still on 4th and 3rd exercise in F1). 

My question is when can I start F2?  Do I have to wait to be finished with all of F1?  I'm just getting tired of doing same exercises each week.  Should I go back and revisit old ones?  I also don't want to lose any strength gains I've made. 

Just wondering what other people have done...Any suggestions are appreciated.

Coach Sommer

Hello Jeff,

Not uncommon at all to have different elements progressing at different rates.  As such, you should move on to F2 for that any element that you have mastered all of the Foundation One PEs and iMs for.

The biggest difference between the two will be that the F2 element(s) will be logged according to reps and sets.  But note that this only applies individually to F2 and above elements.  All of your F1 exercises will continue to be evaluated according to the F1 smiley face system.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer