This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Prone Thoracic Band Pull as part of Daily Limber?

Started by Ted Rarrick, November 29, 2016 · 3 Replies · 105 Views

Ted Rarrick

I did my first round of TB last night. Wow, talking about being humbled!

I have next to zero mobility with the Prone Thoracic Band Pull movement. Would this be something I could do on multiple days during the week to improve movement in my back?  I'm starting the stretch series along with the Foundation Series right now so I'm working a lot of areas. I have a long, long way to go but these programs seem so well structured I'm confident I'll improve over time. Thanks.

Jeffrey Bittner

Hi Ted,

It's great to hear that you're having a true GST experience :D Hard stretching is something that should not be done in excessive amounts as it can lead to injury. That being said, it is okay to include this movement in your daily limber as something to help you loosen up. I would recommend including it no more than 1-2 days a week outside of your TB day until it becomes easier for you.

Ted Rarrick

Thanks Jeffrey for your input. I'm really focusing on following the GST theme of not pushing myself past the training protocol. I see GST as something that I'll be able to continue to progress at for a lifetime so right now I'm shooting for establishing consistency with my workouts.

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Ted, definitely no. they are active mobility on small stabilizers. once a week.