Hi all,
I've been wanting to be able to do a muscle-up for quit some time now. I've tried on the rings and on a pullup bar but can't seem to do it.
I've been wondering if it's a strength or technique issue... Since I can easily do 12+ clean full ROM pullups on the rings and can do a pullup with 30kg of extra weight as well(body weight is 82 kg). I can do 8+ dips on the rings(20 on parallel bars)with my hands at about armpit level in the bottom position. Am I strong enough??
Every time I try to pull very hard through the transition my elbows hurt a lot.
I've read coach Sommers post on developing the muscle-up transition. But when I try to pull myself up higher than normal on the pullups I can't get my hands lower than shoulder level. I've tried using momentum as well, but ended up hurting my elbows even more. At one point my elbows felt extremely painful.
Any suggestions on how to get there??
I've looked through so many tutorials... but no luck, really want to get there(without injuring my elbows)!