This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Scheduling? I'm keen but not stupid?

Started by Andrew Steere, November 28, 2016 · 2 Replies · 209 Views

Andrew Steere

So I've just started Foundation 1 and Stretch at the same time, I am loving it while being humbled daily :)

My 41 year old body is creaking and groaning (I have mostly run/cycled for the last decade as exercise) but not too bad.  

My question is what's a good schedule plan for these two simultaneously, with my running/cycling also still happening?  Here's what I've been doing my first week:

Mon:  Core, Upper, Lower

Tues:  Run or cycle, front split stretch

Wed: Core, Upper, Lower

Thurs:  Run or cycle, Middle split stretch

Fri:  Core, Upper, Lower

Sat:  Run or cycle, Thoracic stretch

Sun:  rest

I'm keen to get a good schedule that doesn't overreach but still pushes me.  Advice?

A

Coach Sommer

Hello Andrew,

Fine as far as it goes.  While the F1 workouts are still relatively easy in the intro phase you will probably be comfortable handling all three primary workouts on the same day.  Note that in all likelihood this will not last long as the workouts continue to increase in volume and intensity.

Later consider only one of the primary workouts (Core, Lower, Upper) on Monday, Wednesday, Friday.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Andrew Steere

Thanks @Coach Sommer will do and sounds good!  Thanks for doing those interviews on Tim Ferriss's podcast; it's how I and a group of us here in Kijabe, Kenya working at a mission hospital heard about GST and we're stoked.