This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

sPL/PE5 Mastery check

Started by Alessandro Di Sanzo, November 27, 2016 · 16 Replies · 379 Views

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hello guys! Today I recorded myself while tryng to perform planche lean at step 9, 5x30 sec.

I post first and fifth set.

First Set: In this video, regarding the amount lean, I tried to follow @Alessandro Mainente tip, so I binded a chain around my navel and check if it arrives at wrist level as I lean forward. 

How do you judge my form? Something to fix? 

And this is my last fifth set:

As I susupected, form in this set decreases compared to the first one. I wonder if this is still acceptable for mastery... 

What do you think? Any suggestion on how to move on? 

Any comment will be appreciated! Thanks to all!

Alessandro

 

 

Everett Carroll

Hey Alessandro,

Simply because of the shaking and fidgeting during the last set, I suggest spending another month solidifying the lean with your nervous system. Your form looks good but you could move the chain .5 cm lower since it was hanging at a bit of an angle.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
10 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hey Alessandro,

Simply because of the shaking and fidgeting during the last set, I suggest spending another month solidifying the lean with your nervous system. Your form looks good but you could move the chain .5 cm lower since it was hanging at a bit of an angle.

Thanks very much @Everett Carroll! Regarding the chain, do you mean it is better to make it a bit shorter, so that it won't hit the floor, or something else?

Alessandro Mainente

The work it is solid, look for a 1 cm more of lean

Everett Carroll
6 hours ago, Alessandro Di Sanzo said:

Thanks very much @Everett Carroll! Regarding the chain, do you mean it is better to make it a bit shorter, so that it won't hit the floor, or something else?

I mean what Alex is saying. Adjust it so you lean about 1 cm further. Otherwise, great work. 

Alessandro Di Sanzo

I got it! I will follow your tips for sure!

Thanks very much @Everett Carroll and @Alessandro Mainente for your time! 

Alessandro

Alessandro Di Sanzo
On 28/11/2016 at 5:27 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The work it is solid, look for a 1 cm more of lean

 

On 28/11/2016 at 6:04 PM, Everett Carroll said:

I mean what Alex is saying. Adjust it so you lean about 1 cm further. Otherwise, great work. 

Hello guys! I tried to follow your tips that , so I lean about 1 cm further compared to the videos above. 

here's a video of 30 sec hold : 

What do you think, @Everett Carroll and  @Alessandro Mainente about form and amount of lean? Are they acceptable?

Thanks again!

Alessandro

Alessandro Mainente

well stop at 5 seconds when the shoulders are exactly over the wrists, notice that the hips are not exactly over the knees, the key it is that in order to reach the necessary amount of lean.

Leo Trinidad

I agree with Alex. Need to work on the lean. Practice leaning into it and make also make sure that you focus your protraction in the upper back.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
20 hours ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

well stop at 5 seconds when the shoulders are exactly over the wrists, notice that the hips are not exactly over the knees, the key it is that in order to reach the necessary amount of lean.

 

18 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

I agree with Alex. Need to work on the lean. Practice leaning into it and make also make sure that you focus your protraction in the upper back.

I think I got what @Alessandro Mainente meant! So Today I tried to check again my amount of lean following his tip.

 

If this is correct... Gosh, that is way harder!! I can barely hold 5 secs with this amount... :blink: What do you think now? Alessandro

Alessandro Mainente

The starting position it is ok, now if you move down the hips a bit you will reach the correct diagonal line . in order to move the hips down something needs to more forward, and for this reason shoulders will reach the correct amount of lean.

Alessandro Di Sanzo
On 6/2/2017 at 11:50 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:

The starting position it is ok, now if you move down the hips a bit you will reach the correct diagonal line . in order to move the hips down something needs to more forward, and for this reason shoulders will reach the correct amount of lean.

I tried to fix the body line... In order to keep hips lower I saw that starting from plank position and then leaning forward was a bit easier for me. 

here's a video:

What do you think? Is it acceptable now??

Thanks to all!

Alessandro

 

Alessandro Mainente

10 s mark it is your goal, you can reduce a bit the spine flexion, rememeber that protraction does not mean flex the spine but open the scapulae to the side, the result it isa spine flexion of 8-10° not more.

Leo Trinidad

I completely agree with Alex. Do not worry @Alessandro Di Sanzo, I am also having a hard time with Planche Lean consistency. I also have the habit of flexing the spine. We must always keep in mind to lengthen while protracted and check the form by using the mirror or video recording.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Guys, here's un update of my planche lean work.

I post 2 videos of two different sets of 20 secs:

 

How do you judge my overall form? Can I move forward till 30 sec mastery?

Thank you all!

Alessandro

Leo Trinidad

Hi @Alessandro Di Sanzo,

Looks awesome to me. Yes you can move forward till the 30 sec mastery. :D

Alessandro Di Sanzo
14 hours ago, Leo Trinidad said:

Hi @Alessandro Di Sanzo,

Looks awesome to me. Yes you can move forward till the 30 sec mastery. :D

Good to know!! Thanks for your feedback, Leo! I Will move towards mastery!