This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

How many days per week to perform f1?

Started by Mike Antonio, November 27, 2016 · 8 Replies · 519 Views

Mike Antonio

Just wondering how many times each week I should be performing the prescribed exercises in f1?

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

Some do all seven foundation elements more than twice per week and others once per week.

Be sure to carefully and with comprehension read the course related material that you have access to. You will find a lot of answers to common questions.

Guido Franchetti

Start doing Upper body, Lower body and Core once a week. Do that for at least three weeks, if you find it easy and recover well you can start increasing the number of times per week. (Bear in mind that at the beginning you are doing a low number of reps, but this will increase as you progress from step to step, so do not hurry in deciding that it is easy!).

Everett Carroll
8 hours ago, Guido Franchetti said:

Start doing Upper body, Lower body and Core once a week. Do that for at least three weeks, if you find it easy and recover well you can start increasing the number of times per week.

Exactly. I spend at least one month on a schedule before making any changes. Start with once each per week.

Mike Antonio

I've completed f1 about a year ago. I started getting into some ring work but realized my shoulder mobility/stability needs work so I've gone back to my roots. I'm considering making f1 my soul workout regime for a couple months hoping to address some reoccurring  bicep/shoulder tendonitis. But it appears even doing the upper body portion 2x per week (along with some band assisted planche work) has it flaring up again. Just want to know opinions on how often I Should do f1. 

Everett Carroll

Hey Mike,

Go for once per week for each F1 workout AFTER your tendinitis is healed up. Consider working with a physio to speed that process up and rest as much as you need to train painfree.

Coach Sommer

Hello Mike,

Focus on establishing a solid prestrength program of previously mastered elements each day PRIOR to allowing yourself to engage in the day's assigned primary workout.

The goal is to use previously mastered elements to thoroughly warm the joints, stabilize strength gains and promote healthy connective tissue.

One basic Upper example would be:  1x30r scap shrugs, 1x30r hinge rows, 1x30r pushups.  Prestrength can be as minimal or elaborate as you prefer or your schedule permits.

Something I have noticed is that the more senior the student, and the more successful they have been in their GST, the more in depth and elaborate their prestrength.

Mats, Jon and Leo are all senior students here on the forum who employ prestrength routines.  Perhaps they will join the conversation and share particulars.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mike Antonio
On 2016-11-28 at 8:49 AM, Coach Sommer said:

Hello Mike,

Focus on establishing a solid prestrength program of previously mastered elements each day PRIOR to allowing yourself to engage in the day's assigned primary workout.

The goal is to use previously mastered elements to thoroughly warm the joints, stabilize strength gains and promote healthy connective tissue.

One basic Upper example would be:  1x30r scap shrugs, 1x30r hinge rows, 1x30r pushups.  Prestrength can be as minimal or elaborate as you prefer or your schedule permits.

Something I have noticed is that the more senior the student, and the more successful they have been in their GST, the more in depth and elaborate their prestrength.

Mats, Jon and Leo are all senior students here on the forum who employ prestrength routines.  Perhaps they will join the conversation and share particulars.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks for jumping in coach Sommer. It's an honour to hear from you. 

I will definitely start to apply prestrength to my programming. Makes a lot of sense. I've noticed for a while now that I need a really good long warm up routine before I train. Otherwise, injuries come easily.  

Everett Carroll

Hey Mike,

I have had success employing the scheme Coach mentioned of 1x double mastery of previously mastered progressions. I of course include mobility with those and it will typically be after easy climbing or cardio followed by a light limber. Depending on the day, I'll then perform some weighted mobility or more prestrength using more advanced progressions.

Using HBP as an example, if I performed 1x30r of pushups in the beginning of my prestrength, I'd then perform a set of 1x10r of a dip variation like HBP/PE6, followed by an overhead pressing progression from one of the later Foundation courses. This throughly warmups me up in multiple planes for my current HBP training. The further I've progressed in Foundations, the more in-depth my prestrength has become. I know Alessandro has mentioned using something similar to this. Hope it helps!