This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

tuck up help MN PE1

Started by Jeff Roddy, November 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 125 Views

Jeff Roddy

Need help with the Tuck Up MN PE1.  I can't do even one rep.  I come to a stop with knees up and shoulder off of the ground but can't get lower back up into the balance on the bum part.  I've started doing negatives, ie getting into the position from a sitting position and then lowering to the floor.  But is there something else I can do to complete the movement from the ground?

 

Alessandro Mainente

Hi Jeff, the movement in your case must begin from the upper body which moves before the lower, if you cannot i suggest to begin from the tuck position and slooooowly move yourself in the bottom position.

Greg White

Hi Jeff, although its not shown in the form videos its fine to touch your fingers to the floor in the tuck position. I found this out after a year of doing tuck ups. This helps make it more about compression and less about bum balance skills.