This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Hip cramps during narrow hurdler

Started by Marcus Patterson, November 25, 2016 · 2 Replies · 91 Views

Marcus Patterson

I have been doing the stretch series for about 6 months now, and everytime I used to try narrow hurdler I would get cramp in the opposite hip(leg that is tucked).

 

I have since been sitting on a block of the outstretched side and the cramps have disappeared. This week I tried to remove the block and just go flat , one side was ok but the other (left leg tucked) gave me immediate cramp. 

How can I work around this?

 

thanks!

Everett Carroll

Hey Marcus, 

I used to experience this as well. It is likely good to keep using the block for now. Which MN progression are you on (please just provide the notation since this is the FS forum)? 

Can you please post a video/photo of the stretch both with and without the block?

Marcus Patterson

Hi Everett

MN PE6 , spoken about this one in the other forum due to the front delt pain I am getting. 

Will try video this week and send it over. Thank you.