This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Coach´s suggested schedule

Started by Marcus Patterson, November 25, 2016 · 5 Replies · 417 Views

Marcus Patterson

I have currently been training all progressions 2-3 times per week, however looking at coach´s suggested workout it is just once per week.

 

Would I be better at continuing my current training (which was more or less the workout I was using before foundation one changed) or would I benefit from just training everything once a week?

Julia Quigley

I've read on the forum that once a week is kind of the beginner/minimal recommendation to make progess, but Alessandro recommends twice a week if you can.

Three times a week? If you're recovering well, I don't see why not. 

Everett Carroll
5 hours ago, Marcus Patterson said:

 

I have currently been training all progressions 2-3 times per week

 

Hi Marcus,

My suggestion is to add in the Stretch, Handstand, and Press Handstand courses before adding extra Foundation workouts to your week. Once you have been consistently training those courses each week for at least a few months, you can consider adding in more volume. 

If you don't own those courses and aren't able to start them at this time, you can consider Alessandro's suggestions. Be methodical and patient when adding extra volume to your weeks. Spend AT LEAST one month on the same schedule before making any adjustments.

Marcus Patterson

Hi Everett. 

 

Yes sorry I should have mentioned that I am also doing the stretch series. Doing thoracic and front splits once a week also. Not middle as I have a pulled abductor which is taking a long time healing. 

So even though I have been doing this practically from the beginning , so 6-7 months , you would suggest scaling back?

Everett Carroll

Hey Marcus,

If you can, begin H1 and H2. Like I said before, if you are unable to purchase those at this time, you can consider doing extra Foundation workouts. If you are recovering okay with 2x per week for Core, UB, and LB, and can't begin HS training, then stay there and wait for the workouts to get harder ;)

If you can begin the HS courses, reduce the Foundation workout frequency to 1x per week each.

What I'm trying to relay is that it is otimal to be training the entire curriculum together each week. Only once you have become accustomed to training the entire curriculum each week should you begin considering additional volume. 

Marcus Patterson

Ok great, I will look into HS pricing.

 

Thanks