This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MSSSE26 "Pancake Roll Through" question

Started by George Traganidas 235308, November 23, 2016 · 4 Replies · 205 Views

George Traganidas 235308

I am really struggling with this move because I my mobility is really bad. When I am at the pancake position my legs are about 45 degrees in front and there is no way I can stand up from that position. And the opposite is true, because when I am standing up with the legs apart, there is no way I can lower myself to the ground. I would just crush :)

Do you have any alternatives to recommend to replace this move at the end of the series? I do not want to just do nothing and skip it. For the moment instead of that, I am doing MSSSE22 "Wall Middle Split". Do you think that another move would be more appropriate for a beginner?

Thanks,

George

Leo Trinidad

Hi George,

 

Its normal to not be able to do this. I would suggest taking a step back or try to do negatives on sitting to a pancake with something to elevate you and at the same time with some support on your arms like a pole, a bar or anything you can hold on to. Remember that it takes time to build mobility and strength in that range of motion. Focus more in refining the lower progressions.

Alessandro Mainente

As Leo said the movement can be scaled by using a bench as an elevated surfacen

Josh Martin
On 11/24/2016 at 7:26 AM, Alessandro Mainente said:

As Leo said the movement can be scaled by using a bench as an elevated surfacen

Do you mean start from an elevated position?  I'm not really following the suggested alternative.  Thanks for your help!

Alessandro Mainente

Yes you have to, the suggestion for scaling the movement are made exactly to permit the execution of all the course by everyone.