This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

MN PE1 Tuck Ups

Started by Nick Jones, November 21, 2016 · 5 Replies · 103 Views

Nick Jones

Hi could I get a form check please on my tuck ups. All advice much appreciated 

https://youtu.be/xDz7LGiMJjg

Everett Carroll

Hi Nick,

At the top, sit your chest up higher. You still need more compression so keep working to actively pull your knees to your chest. After your core workouts, you can practice compressing in the top position. Holding this top position will help you develop more core compression. I have also found the middle split stretch series to help with ROM dramatically.

Nick Jones

Thanks @Everett Carroll Will do

Leigh Kettle
17 hours ago, Everett Carroll said:

Hi Nick,

At the top, sit your chest up higher. You still need more compression so keep working to actively pull your knees to your chest. After your core workouts, you can practice compressing in the top position. Holding this top position will help you develop more core compression. I have also found the middle split stretch series to help with ROM dramatically.

Everett may I ask the following 

After my core session today I took your advice above as I have a similar compression issue where i struggle to touch my chest with my knees at the top of the rep

using the holds you suggested should I sit tall with chest out and actively try and force the compression without any assistance  or should I grab my shins and pull my knees in tighter than I would be able to go unassisted  ?

im also hoping,  like you say, that my middle stretch series will help me in the long run with this 

Everett Carroll

Hey Leigh,

Try both of those variations. First pull your legs in tight to feel the position. Then reset and actively compress.

Leigh Kettle

Thanks Everett will do thank you