This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Request re 31:32 (Butterfly->Wall) part of follow-along video

Started by Samin Ishtiaq, November 21, 2016 · 4 Replies · 120 Views

Samin Ishtiaq

I have a request about the follow-along video. The video is a real life-saver for me, but I have a small request that would make it even better. Around 31:32, from the Butterfly to the Wall MS transition, can you please record Orench, etc moving from Butterfly to the Wall?

The other follow-along videos (several places in the FS one, for instance) do show the gymnasts moving from exercise to exercise; this allows me the time to transition too.

 

Samin

Giovanni Garcea

Hi Samin, +1 on this, I always had to pause the video at that point. Having said that, after 1.5 years of following the videos, just three weeks ago I changed strategy. I wrote all the three series in a spreadsheet and did a nice laminated print of it. I now use that and a metronome for the stretch series and it is going really well. I still remember all Coach's cues word by word, but I can do all the transitions in the time needed for my space. I'm actually finishing the series in a slightly shorter time, because I move from exercise to exercise really quickly.

Leigh Kettle

I thought this too so am pausing just the same .

Also at 1:12 my video goes quiet just at the point where coach is about to give a cue regarding the knee I think it is as he says something like  "should always feel...."Then it goes quiet just as he speaks and points to Graces' knee  . Can anyone tell me what cue he gives as it may just be my video this happens to.

 

Alessandro Mainente

Coach is saying that the knees must be locked completely  (press back the knee into complete extension).

@Samin Ishtiaq simply exit the butterfly position by pushing your heels away from you, then lie on your back with but closer to the wall.

Samin Ishtiaq

Thanks Alex. I don't have a problem with how to get from butterfly to wall MS. I would just like the video to allow me time to do it. Maybe I'm being fussy [all shout "yes" at once!] but similar transitions in the other follow-along videos do give me time to move between positions.