This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Sustainability of Gymnastic pursuits

Started by Daniel Kiely, November 21, 2016 · 1 Replies · 158 Views

Daniel Kiely

So just a quick question. 

 

What does the body of an old Gymnast look like and how well does it function in later life? 

I suppose I come from the natural movement perspective where each movement is function based.

Is there a possibility that the stretching and mobility requirements of the HBP will have a negative impact on Heath Span i.e destabilised joints and tendons? 

Dan

Everett Carroll

Hey Daniel,

I would think it depends upon how well the gymnast kept up on his/her basic conditioning (mobility, prehab, basic strength, etc.). The exercises from these courses will help you stay healthy so long as you remain consistent! I have been lucky enough to use Coach's methods to improve quality of life in people up to 70 years old. I can only assume that if these progressions work to improve the condition of older, damaged bodies, then starting early and using them for an extended period would help prevent that degradation. I'm sure others have more evidence and information than me but I thought I get this thread going.