This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

SLS/SE2 im problem

Started by Jin Liu, November 21, 2016 · 8 Replies · 136 Views

Jin Liu

Is it normal to feel some major muscle cramp in the hamstring when doing the single leg curl? Or do I need a really slippery slider? 

Mark Schoenhard

You need and will get stronger hamstrings.  Keep going.

Suzanna McGee
2 hours ago, Jin Liu said:

Is it normal to feel some major muscle cramp in the hamstring when doing the single leg curl? Or do I need a really slippery slider? 

Aw, Jin, I know how you feel :) I am on the same exercise… It's rough :) 

Mikey Cunanan
15 hours ago, Jin Liu said:

Is it normal to feel some major muscle cramp in the hamstring when doing the single leg curl? Or do I need a really slippery slider? 

Hi Jin, 

I too have experienced cramping.  This sensation will pass soon. Try adding a single set of 10 shoulder bridge leg curls (previous im) for warm up. 

Everett Carroll
1 hour ago, Mikey Cunanan said:

I too have experienced cramping.  This sensation will pass soon. Try adding a single set of 10 shoulder bridge leg curls (previous im) foot warm up. 

Good advice from Mikey. Post a video of the double leg curl to ensure you properly mastered it. 

Jin Liu

Didn't find time to do lower body until today. Below is a video of my double leg curl and single leg curl (L & R). I think the double looks fine. But for the single, I def had a hard time if I'm not warm up properly. Even when I'm warmed up, I can't keep my hips flat. But I felt some improvement over last time. I'll keep practicing. 

 

 

 

Bas Albinus

I'm having a hard time getting those down too. The jump from double to single leg is huge.
One thing I noticed is, if I keep both legs nicely tucked to each other (knees always at the same level) it s easier to keep tension in the hips and avoid piking...well, sometimes.
I got good advice from this thread>

To make the double legged ones harder I stopped using the arms for support.

Leo Trinidad

@Jin Liu, 

That is completely normal. As your Front Lever Mobility, Side Lever Elements and TB gets better, that'll be easier. ;) Hence, the importance of all elements in Foundation Series and other Courses :D

Tanya Hill

Hi @Jin Liu, 

Thank you for sharing your videos, your definitely on the right track.  

First tip is to not grab the yoga mat as support, let the hamstrings do the work!

Cramping usually happens for two reasons muscles are de-conditioned or body is a bit dehydration. I can see a small imbalance in strength vs. your right and left leg. On your next set training hamstring curls, take your time and build to excellence. 

Having a healthy body doesn't come easy. ;)