GST Equipment: Buying Good Stuff Once

Started by Kevin Easton, November 20, 2016 · 1 Replies · 1,727 Views

Kevin Easton

I have been off and on training GST.  I currently have a doorway chin up bar, rings, yoga blocks, and stretch straps.

I am of the mind set to buy good stuff and buy it once.  I don't like buying crap only to have it break and need to be replaced over and over.  I also don't want to buy a piece of equipment then find out it's going good for F1 and need something else for F2, Handstand, etc.

I need a bar that I can add weight to for dislocates as well as Jefferson curls.  I am trying to find a bar that I can use now in F1 that will also be able to be used later in the course.  A typical barbell weights 45lbs and is pretty versatile to add weight for heavier J-curls over time.  However, 45lbs it too heavy for me on dislocates.

I am trying to find equipment that I can use for numerous exercises to limit clutter and ultimately save $.

Can you guys make some suggestions on your staple GST equipment.   

Rayne-William Fitzgerald

You do not have to purchase a standard 20.41kg (45lb) Olympic barbell.  Personally speaking and due to monetary constraints I currently use a dowel rod. When I have the cash for it. I plan on purchasing something similar to the 2.54cm (1in) Cap Standard Solid Barbell or  Cap Standard Threaded Barbell