Can you please provide me with some feedback on my form?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9akN0U05zaWFReDQ
Thanks,
George
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by George Traganidas 235308, November 20, 2016 · 13 Replies · 270 Views
Can you please provide me with some feedback on my form?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9akN0U05zaWFReDQ
Thanks,
George
Hi George, during the PE i prefer to see a more strong protraction and depression of the shoulder blades.
IN order to accurately review the IM I need a front view video.
Just to clarify, in the PE my shoulders should be more depressed during the whole motion and at the top position they should be more protracted?
I will record and new video of the mobility and I will upload shortly.
Thanks.
I include here a new video that shows the IM from the front. I have also tried to change my PE to protract and depress my shoulder blades more, as instructed.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9ZlhGYUNmOUlKdkE
Can you please provide me with more feedback?
George
Hi George,
Your PE looks better. I would still like to see even more protraction at the top of each rep as Alessandro mentioned. The iM looks okay. Make sure that when your arm is by the ear your are pivoting the shoulder before bringing the weight down.
During the IM if we want to be more accurate there is imbalance between right and left. If we assume to have a wall near your shoulder then with the right shoulder you are not touching in, while with the left you are carrying to home a piece of wall
.
Try to me as much symmetric as you can.
Hi George,
On the PE I've found it helps to take a couple of seconds to get a strong protraction/depression when you first get into position, before starting the first rep. It helps to understand what the protraction / depression feels like during the reps.
Thanks @Alessandro Mainente for the feedback. I have noticed that my left shoulder has way less mobility that the right. I am working on it ![]()
Thanks @Greg White. I will give it a go.
Please forgive my ignorance, but why do we need so much protraction at the top? Where does this help? I have never heard of this before and I think that I was protracted enough. Apparently I need more ![]()
15 hours ago, George Traganidas 235308 said:Thanks @Alessandro Mainente for the feedback. I have noticed that my left shoulder has way less mobility that the right. I am working on it
Thanks @Greg White. I will give it a go.
Please forgive my ignorance, but why do we need so much protraction at the top? Where does this help? I have never heard of this before and I think that I was protracted enough. Apparently I need more
This might help answer the question: https://www.gymnasticbodies.com/all-about-scapular-positions/
In case you haevnt already I'd consider submitting form checks to make sure that you have enough protraction on your Scap Shrugs. If your Scap Shrugs aren't protracted enough it will make the Push Ups harder than necessary.
@Greg White thanks for the article. Now it makes a lot more sense. I am still at the start of the path and sometimes I find it helpful to know what is the end goal, because some of the fundamental moves do not makes sense unless you know what you are working towards.
I have already submitted a form video for Scap Shrugs.
Can you please provide feedback on my form? I tried to improve ![]()
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9SwWGTeydS9TFNrbWlQQ3d4dXM
Thanks,
George
Hi George,
Nice improvement! Your PE is looking solid.
On you iM, I would still like to see more rotation in the shoulder as your arm is by your ear. This rotation is the 'pivoting' motion that I mentioned previously.
It's nice to see the effort you are putting in to improve your form, nice work! Btw, don't mess with the lady behind you ![]()
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Thanks guys. I will get back at it.