Hi,
Logged in today as I have reached mastery in one of the exercises but could not find mastery level for the next one so I do not know what I am working towards, where can I find this information? thanks
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Robert Dumbleton, November 19, 2016 · 9 Replies · 413 Views
Hi,
Logged in today as I have reached mastery in one of the exercises but could not find mastery level for the next one so I do not know what I am working towards, where can I find this information? thanks
HI Robert, if you click on the SETTING button on the side then a new page will show courses that you have already purchased. then select for the appropriate element the exercise you have to do on the next session, then under the "select step" you can see the requirements for the different steps that you can unlock by doing the workout and clicking on the "easy" smiley face. the last step of the list it is your final goal.
Hi,
I know you guys are working hard to organize the workouts and make your material accesable but these constant interface changes are frustrating; I want to spend my time working out, not learning new interfaces. I'm having a similar issue
I am simply trying to see the mastery goal of a certain exercise. I click on the Foundation link under My Course Library. I click on the Foundation 1 link. When I click on an exercise; it lists the exercises but not the mastery goals. I believe it used to but not any more. Can you change it back so the mastery goals are displayed? That would make more sense.
Otherwise the workout and site is great and I realize that interface development is difficult....
Thanks,
Eric
Erik have you tried what I mentioned above?
Hello Eric,
Deal with it. ![]()
As a national team coach, when programming/training needs to be tweaked or updated, I am going to do so. And do so ASAP. Whether or not what needs to be done is 'convenient' or impinges upon someone's comfort zone literally has no bearing.
No, you are no longer able to see the eventual mastery requirement unless you have arrived at that point in your training for that particular element. Too many new students were confused by the mastery standards being shown immediately and thought that the mastery standards were supposed to constitute their current workout rather than a standard to which they were aspiring.
Note that the programming for all previously achieved steps is available to you in your course settings for individual elements.
Immediate mastery testing is no longer an option.
Primarily because a significant minority of people were shortcutting the process, and consequently their own progress, in an effort to race thru the course. Now if a given pairing of PE and iM for a particular step have already been mastered, you may select 'too easy' and the next workout will bump up two steps in programming difficulty.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
As Coach Sommer was alluding to and assuming an individual is willing to read or reread the course related information they have access to and watch the course videos for more details. The mastery information being sought after can be found in the course material.
On 2016-11-20 at 2:23 PM, Alessandro Mainente said:HI Robert, if you click on the SETTING button on the side then a new page will show courses that you have already purchased. then select for the appropriate element the exercise you have to do on the next session, then under the "select step" you can see the requirements for the different steps that you can unlock by doing the workout and clicking on the "easy" smiley face. the last step of the list it is your final goal.
Thanks for that, is there something similar for getting the reps and hold times for the iMs?
Hi Robert!
You'll see the sets and reps/holds once you go to your workout of the day and close the follow along video
To be a bit more clear with my question is there a way to see the iM mastery requirements without, using follow alongs and workout planner and all of those features?
I have no way of watching follow along videos at my gym and prefer to log workouts using hand written notes in a book. I am trying to keep my life simple.
Thanks for the help
2 hours ago, Robert Dumbleton said:To be a bit more clear with my question is there a way to see the iM mastery requirements without, using follow alongs and workout planner and all of those features?
I have no way of watching follow along videos at my gym and prefer to log workouts using hand written notes in a book. I am trying to keep my life simple.
Thanks for the help
Hello Robert,
The iM mastery requirements do not entail progressive programming as the PEs do. The initial programming shown are the mastery requirements in terms of reps and sets; what should progress over the training cycle is R.O.M. and quality of movement.
Note that you should be logging the quality of your iMs after each workout. If you did not achieve mastery quality mobility work as demonstrated in the follow along workout video, you should mark the mobility as 'failed'.
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer