This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Just going to start Foundation one

Started by Olive James, November 19, 2016 · 3 Replies · 118 Views

Olive James

I bought the Foundation program about a year or two ago, I have been trying out a few bits here and there, but I want to have consistence. I am also on a fat loss journey, am just wondering if there are any people that are doing the F1 and also other fitness programs. Just want to know how they are juggling them all. Thank you.

Olive

Alessandro Mainente

Hi James, actually what are your goals? GST? fatt loss? hypertrophy? remember that body can do perfectly one thing at time.

Olive James

Just to say, call me Olive. At the moment my short term goal is fat loss but my long term goal is strength and mobility. I believe I can mix programs up at the level i am at. I do my cardio in form of long cycling, outdoor runnining (when weather permits, its grey time in England) about 5k for 2 days a week. I have gone back to mastery of movement for my weight training; doing snatches, front squats, deadlifts etc also 2 days a week. I am on a Targeted keto diet to help me loss fat too. I feel that I can fit in the workouts for the foundation before or after the workouts am already doing.

Luke Searra

Hello Olive,

Your current schedule sounds like CrossFit. I would recommend that you only do GST after CrossFit, never before. Your targeted Keto diet with resistance training is a great option for long term health as well as fat loss but unless you are very meticulous with it you will run into a wall in early stages because of mineral depletion. This will impact all of your training including GST. Your initial weight loss will also primarily be water loss. Please be aware of this. Also please regiment your rest schedule rigidly.