This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Bell pepper

Started by Cameron Williams, November 19, 2016 · 10 Replies · 165 Views

Cameron Williams

Does one whole bell pepper tick this box for portion and acceptable vegetable?

Julia Quigley

My guess is no because even though they're probably larger than your fist, they're hollow. 

I bought some Tupperware that is roughly the same size as my fist, and when in doubt I chop something up and stick it in there to see how close I've come.

Jeff Serven

ditch the seeds and chop it up, see if it meets the requirement. The fist size tupperware is slick. 

Aaron Hughson

@Jeff Serven I mix up my veggies every day. Am I to understand that I pick 1 Veggie to make a fist size portion of in addition to more variety of raw veggies? 

 

Like me this week I have packaged up bell pepper, baby carrots, and cucumbers which altogether are a fist size portion.

Julia Quigley

You can mix up your vegetables so long as your vegetables total at least 1 fist size serving.

Alessandro Di Sanzo

This is my daily mixed salad I eat at work, I would say this size covers two full fists.

IMG_20170227_084838.thumb.jpg.64d51b0361f5def8db18ebd2c07b3f2c.jpg

 

I usually like to mix lettuce, radicchio , fennel, pepper (red yellow green), red onion, carrots ... sometimes tomatoes too. A bit of extravirgin oil and voilà, here's my raw veggies source.

 

 

Jeff Serven

Alessandro! You have come a long way my friend from the lunches you were eating in the cafeteria before Thrive. Nice work!!

Aaron Hughson

@Jeff Serven could you please clarify the 1+ Fist Size please?

Alessandro Di Sanzo
21 hours ago, Jeff Serven said:

Alessandro! You have come a long way my friend from the lunches you were eating in the cafeteria before Thrive. Nice work!!

You can say that again, @Jeff Serven!! I can say that Thrive has changed dramatically the habits of a guy like me who basically used to add NO veggies in his meals!

look at that pocket lunch now! :D

Jeff Serven
On 2/27/2017 at 9:56 AM, Aaron Hughson said:

@Jeff Serven could you please clarify the 1+ Fist Size please?

Punch yourself in the face then look in the mirror - the size of the bruise is the amount of veggies. 

Just kidding Aaron. My fist roughly fits into a 1 cup measuring cup so for me 1+ is 1-2 cups of veggies. The reason you don't want to eat more than that in the beginning is - most of the time people cant digest that much veg. 

Aaron Hughson

Oh that makes sense. Lol. Imagine if you had really big hands for your height.